At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge…. the Cutting Edge
Northrop Grumman, Enterprise Services is looking for an Information Systems Project Manager to support IT Infrastructure Migration and Upgrade projects in Rolling Meadows, IL. The primary objective will be the delivery of all project requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a matrixed-functional project team aligned to common program performance goals.
Project Managers are responsible for leading all phases of execution, from inception through completion.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Develop customer relationships and cultivate customer intimacy
* Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical objectives
* Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
* Creation, review and finalization of the project Statement of Work
* Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones
* Adherence to all internal processes for Project Management
* Completion and tracking of the Project Requirements
* Ensure program team understands & adheres to the project scope.
* Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
* Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
* Thorough risk & opportunity management to include identification, mitigation and realization
* Submission of project performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
* Coordination of Project Change Board activities internally and with the customer
Other duties include:
* Requirements: The ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize, and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life cycle.
* Resources: The ability to plan for, identify, estimate, cost, acquire, schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program requirements within organizational constraints.
* Risk & Opportunity: The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
* Scope, Configuration & Change: The ability to effectively plan, define, establish, communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all of the work required and only the work required is performed.
* Technical Performance: The ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with the baseline.
* Customer intimacy: Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
* Bachelors of Science degree and 2 years of experience in project management, or a Master's of Science degree
* Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
* Demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
* Planning, Scheduling & Earned Value: The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
* Program Integration: The ability to identify, orchestrate, coordinate and controls the management activities and processes that integrate program interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful program completion.
* Must have a DOD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain, and maintain, a DOD Secret level clearance
* Must have the ability to work on-site at the Northrop Grumman Rolling Meadows, IL facility
* Successful track-record managing projects using an Agile PM method
* An Agile PM or Scrum Master Certification
* Supplier & Subcontractor: The ability to identify, select, direct and manage subcontract and supply chain elements of the program in a manner that supports program goals and company strategy.
* Business Acumen: The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
* Communications: The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
* Issue & Problem Resolution: The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
* Quality: The ability to plan and execute a project quality management system to satisfy quality requirements and create a project value system which emphasizes prevention over inspection and continuous process improvement.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.