Strategy & Planning
* Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture, under the direction of the CISO, where appropriate.
* Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the CISO, where appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
* Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
* Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise's security documents specifically.
* Maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.).
* Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
* Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
* Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
* Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
* Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
* Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
* Process tickets in accordance with the firms policies and procedures.
* College degree in the field of computer science or related discipline.
* Working knowledge of anti -virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
* Working knowledge of network, and platform operating systems security.
* Working technical knowledge of AWS.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
* Working knowledge of Python.
* Intuition and keen instincts to pre-empt attacks.
* Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Working knowledge of:
* Vulnerability management tools
* Data Loss Prevention
* Cloud monitoring tools
* Antivirus management tools.
* SIEM technologies.
* Application Program Interfaces.
Benefits and Perks
* Work in our brand new offices at 55 Hudson Yards on the west side of Manhattan
* Free snacks and coffee as well as occasional lunches and after-work drinks
* Casual dress-code
* Healthcare options
* 401(k) match
* Training and tuition assistance
* Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships and similar, and access to on-site healthcare (starting in Q2 2019)
MarketAxess operates a leading trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,500 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist Customers with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other Customers. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Amsterda,São Paulo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. MarketAxess is an independent, publicly traded company (NASDAQ:MKTX Click Here).
There is a lot more to learn about us and working at our company! Please read more about us at www.marketaxess.com.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
MarketAxess operates an electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments.