Identity Policy Domain Specialist - Trust & Safety
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Are you a strong team player with an interest in identity issues? Are you a critical thinker with excellent judgement and attention to detail? Can you manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic environment? Does the idea of working as part of a global, diverse team interest you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Who we are:
The teams in Twitter's Trust & Safety department are on the front lines of safety, expression, and policy issues that affect the Internet.
The Identity Policy Domain Specialist works to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition and Terms of Service enforcement. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We're a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we're always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated teammate to join our Identity team in San Francisco.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible for documenting, shaping, and communicating policies related to Impersonation, Parody, Trademark, Counterfeit, and other Identity issues at Twitter. This involves driving multidisciplinary projects and decisions based on data and user feedback. You'll work cross-functionally both within the Trust & Safety department as well as with a diverse, distributed set of stakeholders in order to create new policies, improve upon existing ones, increase user transparency, and streamline internal processes.
Who you are:
* You are passionate about identity issues and freedom of expression and have built significant subject matter expertise in this space
* You are enthusiastic, adaptable, and can quickly translate feedback into action
* You enjoy working on complex, cross-functional projects with many stakeholders
* You are extremely detail-oriented and patient, with extraordinary communication skills
* You have experience prioritizing & handling high volumes of inbound correspondence
* You are resilient, skilled in handling competing priorities, and enjoy working independently
* You care about consistency and you are skilled in developing and implementing documentation strategies
You'll be responsible for:
* Drafting new policies and leading important policy projects
* Updating and clarifying existing policies
* Training internal stakeholders on identity policies
* Communicating policy rationale to both internal and external parties
* Partnering with other Trust & Safety teams on cross-departmental initiatives
* Organizing and prioritizing inbound requests
* Investigating, documenting, and resolving identity-related issues and correspondence, meeting deadlines and internal SLAs
* Providing clear, helpful, and complete responses to time-sensitive requests and issues
* Maintaining open, thorough, and regular communication with the global team
* Communicating explanations of policies and enforcement processes to cross-functional partners
Strongly preferred experience:
* Prior experience (4 years or more) at a tech company
* Prior experience working in a globally distributed team
* Prior experience in policy development
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education / experience
* Fluency in other language(s)
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is in San Francisco, California. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
NOTE: Potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a social networking platform.