Data Science Manager - Platform Manipulation
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are: Twitter is the infrastructure of the world's public conversation. Events break on Twitter, from massive and world-changing to the local data science meet-up. Users exchange and shape their thoughts by forming communities with shared interests.
Twitter's Platform Manipulation Data Science Team works closely with our partners in Trust & Safety, Public Policy, Legal, and Product to safeguard the health and integrity of Twitter through driving detection and mitigation of platform manipulation and other malicious activity.
What You'll Do: You will lead a team of talented Data Scientists, Analysts, and Data Engineers and will be looked upon to set team roadmaps, present to executives, drive the career development of your teammates, and influence all facets of the company's product and data science strategies.
Who You Are: You are an experienced manager of data scientists or a technical leader with directly relevant domain expertise looking to switch to a management role. As a data scientist you are comfortable owning important and complex project areas from start to finish. You influence entire organizations with the work you do. That work includes defining technical roadmaps and driving alignment with less technical partners.
You are highly technical and hands-on but you also wear a product and project management hats with ease ensuring the success and impact of your work across domains. You care deeply about the growth and well-being of your team and coworkers and bring a servant leadership mentality to every challenge you face.
You are great at:
* Understanding consumer products and their vulnerability to manipulation and subversion
* Collaborating with PMs, engineers, and designers to drive product impact
* Leading and prioritizing projects
* Mentoring data scientists
* You are strong data scientist or machine learning engineer with 5+ years of experience
* 2+ years managing data scientists OR 2+ years as a Tech Lead with directly relieving domain expertise
* Expertise solving complex and highly impactful quantitative problems with at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.) and SQL.
You have some combination of:
* A PhD or advanced degree in a quantitative field
* Domain expertise dealing with:
* Platform health, content policy, or abuse and safety issues in a social network or consumer web setting
* Geopolitical issues
* Quantitative Social Science
* Work experience at a large tech company
* Fluency in one or more object-oriented languages like Java, Scala, C#, C++
* Experience performing data science at scale with technologies such as Spark and Hive.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Twitter is a social networking platform.