Requisition ID: 218974
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T4PM
Hiring Manager: Thomas Genin
Recruiter Name: Janice Soriano
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As the Software Development Manager for the Client Hub Team, which is a core part of Hipmunk Engineering based in San Francisco, CA, you report directly to the Director of Engineering.
The Client Hub team provides tools that capture new clients for Concur Hipmunk and once they are activated, allow them to quickly realize value from their purchase.
You have responsibility for the core interface between SAP Concur's Enterprise Travel & Expense product and the innovative Hipmunk.com travel-booking product.
Hipmunk is used by users across companies as well as consumers to find and book flights, hotels and other transportation. You are a key member of the leadership team, guiding the technical direction for your team and product, working closely with our partners in the Product and User Experience organizations to build what our customers and users most need.
You will help the team continue to take our current Mobile and Web technology forward using streamlined Agile processes and Build-Measure-Learn opportunities, continuous integration and delivery schemes, and delivering crash-free sessions in excess of 99% for all users.
You will also be responsible for results and retention throughout the team, focusing much of your energy on people management and employee growth.
* Lead a team of brilliant and passionate engineers on the Client Hub team for Hipmunk.
* A results-oriented leader who leads with empathy, passion and with people-development in mind.
* Drive product delivery through Agile development methodologies.
* Ensure consistent technical development progress on multiple projects in a matter consistent with strategic goals and priorities.
* Enable, and empower the team members to reach their highest potentials.
* Establishes metrics to manage efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction, and cost.
* Collaborates with Architects and Project Management and other global teams to refine high-level scope, architecture, and technical strategy for product development.
* Establishes procedural standards for the development process that ensures high quality and customer satisfaction with our products.
* Surfaces and solves challenges through continuous improvement efforts.
* Identifies opportunities for training and professional development of staff.
* Conducts performance appraisals in accordance with corporate guidelines.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Is aware of, and complies with, all corporate policies.
* Education, Experience & Training Required: BS or BA in Computer Science or relevant field
* Past experience as a Developer or relevant Technical role
* 2 or more years of managing a Software Development team
* Experience working with international and/or remote teams.
* Experience managing in an Agile development environment.
* Previous experience managing multiple resources and projects.
* Ability to pass a background check.
* Building Effective Teams
* Understand technical problems, questions, complex systems and data schemas
* Ability to dive deep technically and keep up with lots of information about hotels and other means of transportation
* Drive for Results
* Intellectual Horsepower
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Motivating Others
* Problem Solving
* Leading a team with empathy and humility
* Value, appreciate, respect, champion and promote diversity on the team
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.