Requisition ID: 213844
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Our team wants to change the way enterprise software is built. The Data Scientist role will be driving special pilot and incubation projects with a focus on validating new enterprise product, technology, and architecture approaches and the goal to actively help shaping SAP's future Cloud ERP architecture.
As a Data Scientist, you will work on a specific project critical to SAP S/4's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will get to build highly scalable and reliable, state-of-the-art models to handle critical functions for hundreds of thousands of employees. Our data scientists are versatile, display leadership qualities, and enthusiasm to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
How You Will Contribute
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a focus on developing and deploying new machine learning and advanced analytics technologies.
* Lead proof-of-concept and prototyping efforts.
* Research and develop machine learning models from various training resources.
* Optimize models and make them available for consumption by mobile and web-based products.
* Develop data collections, labeling pipelines and evaluation frameworks and KPIs.
* Propose and compare design and technology options with technical leads.
* Work closely with software engineers and product managers.
* Gather requirements from customers in close collaboration with customers' business and IT departments.
* Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
A Successful Candidate Would
* MS/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
* Machine learning experience with familiarity building data pipelines using common ML frameworks
* Research experience focused on publishing or open-sourcing results
* Strong grasp of data science and statistical fundamentals
* Ability to pre-process data for ML training models
* Experience with TensorFlow or similar frameworks
* Software development experience with excellent C++ and/or Python programming skills
* Experience building machine learning pipelines in the cloud using Python, Spark, Kafka, or similar
* Experience in learning for computer vision, audio/speech processing, and/or natural language processing
* Experience scaling data science teams a plus
* Experience supporting development and operations of cloud-native architectures
* Must be able to work from Newport Beach, CA US and willing to relocate if necessary
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.