As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for integrating ground control software to launch and land rockets better, faster, and cheaper. In this role, you will assist the New Shepard team with configuring, deploying, and supporting our mission control system. You will also support operators during missions to launch vehicles in to space. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention toward safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Collaborate with mission operators and software engineers to develop and deploy tools and workflows supporting spaceflight systems
* Create and execute acceptance tests to verify that software meets requirements
* Assist operators in developing mission procedures and displays
* Create and maintain a robust configuration management system
* Perform software support and troubleshooting during operations
* Provide feature requests and feedback to the ground control software development team
* Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to make them better
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in systems engineering, computer science, or related engineering field
* 3+ years of engineering experience
* Software development skills in C/C++, Python, or C#/Java
* Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
* Experience with and understanding of computer networking systems and protocols
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* M.S. degree (or higher) in systems engineering, computer science, or related engineering field
* Experience with system integration and acceptance testing
* Experience with Human Factors or User Experience review
* Experience with application performance monitoring and analysis
* Experience with space vehicle launch operations
* Working knowledge of configuration management and source code management systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.