As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for avionics embedded control systems engineer for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of avionics engineering product development; architectural definition and hardware and software development (design and verification). You should be comfortable working in fast-paced and often uncertain environments, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Drive avionics embedded control system architecture trades studies and performance analyses.
* Drive avionics embedded control system safety development plans and processes to assure that flight HW and SW satisfies mission assurance and quality objectives
* Drive avionics embedded control system engineering requirements, verification, and traceability.
* Support avionics embedded control system technical review, ground and flight test, and fault analysis.
* Graduate degree in a relevant engineering or technical field with 7+ years of direct experience in embedded control system development.
* Demonstrated proficiency developing safety and mission critical aerospace embedded control system that is compliant with DO-254 and DO-178.
* Direct hands-on experience in the development of system requirements and verification
* Knowledge of current systems engineering and integration tools and methodologies
* Highly organized team player with excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal).
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Post Graduate degree in a relevant engineering or technical field with 10+ years of direct experience in real-time embedded control system development.
* Demonstrated knowledge in both classical and modern control design and analysis techniques
* Strong understanding of and experience with C, C++, and model-based software development
* Demonstrated proficiency developing avionics electronics which leverages common communication architectures (CAN, Ethernet, I2C, JTAG, RS-422/485, SPI, etc).
* Individual who demonstrates leadership and a passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.