As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team, you will develop software to improve the experience of Blue Origin customers who entrust payloads and people to fly on our vehicles. As a Software Engineer, you will develop modern web-based interfaces that support customers as they make important decisions and submit critical documentation, plus enable our staff to guide them from first contact to flight. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration; we're looking for teammates who will be as committed, careful, and passionate about ensuring safe and repeatable spaceflights as we are!
* Develop back-end API interfaces to support customer experience front-ends using REST and GraphQL web services in NodeJS.
* Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and iteratively design and develop rich user experiences to meet their needs.
* Evaluate and integrate cloud-based services to support your work, including storage options, delivery networks, and message queues.
* Fix software problems at multiple levels, including installation, deployment, configuration, server side and client side issues.
* Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with and communicate to a diverse user base.
* Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
* Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development, review, deployment, and support phases of the software product lifecycle.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Our software is seen and used by critical space-exploration customers, including future astronauts. Be sure to mention any experience you have with consumer-facing software.
* We often use REST APIs and GraphQL to integrate with back-end systems. Let us know if you've worked with APIs!
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.