This is an opportunity to work in a large scale, global network operations department. Working directly with Akamai's product you are involved in every facet of Akamai's network operations and get to contribute to Akamai's success while being part of a very important team. The GPO Solutions Technician is part of the Change Safety Deployment Team (CSD) role works in one of Akamai's three Network Operations Command Centers (NOCC). This is a shift position working second shift hours 12pm - 8pm, Monday - Friday.
Chang Safety Deployment Team Summary:
The Change Safety Deployment Team is part of the Network Operations Command Center team that enables proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of all servers in the global Akamai network. The NOCC's proactive stance and unique view ensures a seamless response to network conditions - enabling Akamai to deliver rich media content and applications, regardless of network traffic volume. The CSD is responsible for the following areas:
* SQL * Unix Scripting and Perl * Linux System Administration (@ CLI) * Networking
About the Job:
This is an opportunity to work in a large scale, global and newly-formed Change Safety Deployment team which is part of Platform Operations. This job entails working as part of a team that develops and executes the systems and processes that are used to monitor and maintain Akamai's deployed platform in the most effective way possible.
About the Team:
The Change Safety Deployment (CSD) team you will be joining is responsible for implementing change safety requirements into new releases and changes to Akamai's deployed network. To achieve this goal, the CSD is responsible for:
* Providing ongoing maintenance and administration for the deployed network * Controlled deployment of new software releases across the Akamai Platform * Controlled deployment of changes that affect the Akamai Platform * Managing and tracking events through resolution and maintaining a history of network-impacting issues * Ensuring change safety principles are applied to the numerous ways changes are deployed throughout the change process, as well as create new processes
Our CSD Technician responsibilities include:
* Developing and implementing maintenance process on Akamai's deployed network with safety standards. * Deployment of new software or configuration changes to Akamai's different networks with safety standards. * Clearly and effectively documenting information in the tracking Ticket system for communication to other staff.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet the following experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience
* 2+ years experience designing and administering a monitoring and reporting solution in a high availability environment * 2+ years of experience with UNIX system administration
* Strong written and verbal communication * Working knowledge of TCP/IP in internetworking/WAN data communications
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.