What you'll be doing...
Verizon Business Markets (VBM) is a newly created strategic business unit within Operations, to serve the wireline communications and networking technology needs of U.S.-based small and medium businesses, and state and local government. The Digital organization within IT will be focused on enabling an eco-system that hones in on digitizing the customer experience through technology with a cloud/mobile first tenet, and analytics to enable new products, directional product bundles, and third party solution - all to enable new revenue streams.
As our Functional Solutions architect you will define, drive and own the functional architecture of the Digital platform and application. You will lead the business process design for the Digital platform, own roadmap planning, identifying and designing for integration through the platform. You will also be responsible to design the platform for quoting, ordering, eCommerce, provisioning, service and billing aspects of the application. We are a fast paced, highly motivated, technology driven team where each individual's contribution directly impacts our success. Join our highly motivated technology team that work at a startup pace in a large corporation.
* Own the API first strategy for all business units in the enterprise, working with enterprise architects of the individual business units in defining the API needs for the new platform.
* Drive the API definition, data exchange definition, integration patterns and end-to-end architecture of the platform.
* Partner with various stakeholders across multiple business units to perform analysis of business and functional activities, define business requirements, compile functional design requirements and translate to integration and architectural needs, communicate limitations and execute implementation.
* Collaborate with vendors and product teams to define products that will be the best fit for business customers.
* Manage external stakeholders (vendors) to define their API requirements, set SLA expectations, architecture strategy and drive their implementation to satisfy the business needs.
* Define the go to market strategy for the new platform in partnership with key stakeholders.
* Lead cross-functional teams to implement new features/functionality in the digital experience.
* Be a trusted advisor/guide to the business and technology stakeholders - share the roadmap of the project and what functional areas will provide maximum business value.
* Development of solution/program offering approaches, methodologies, techniques and business development tools.
* Identify and mitigate risks in the project and drive engagement across all the business units.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Five or more years of experience in creating, owning and driving decisions in enterprise architecture.
* Strong experience in implementing enterprise level applications.
* Experience in identifying and understanding customer technical/business needs and translating them into viable integrated solutions.
* TOGAF Certified and possess significant experience in Enterprise Architecture, Strategic Planning, Cloud Integration, User and Identity Management (including SSO), SOA/ESB/Microservices/Paas and other Enterprise integration architectures.
* Immersed in full SDLC, with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, TDD and BDD techniques for software development.
* Nine or more years of proven record of architecture, development and deployment of complex integrated Enterprise applications.
* Strong experience in BSS and OSS systems.
* Experience in working with partner and vendors in developing solutions that are tailored for business customers.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Experience leading and driving large scale business process redesign and application deployments.
* Five or more year of experience implementing eCommerce solutions including Point of Sales, CRM, SRM, CPQ and Billing and Order Management Systems.
* Experience with User Interface Architectures and Content Management Solutions.
* Ability to explain technical solutions to both a technical and non-technical audience.
* Ability to manage multiple projects using outstanding organizational skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.