What you'll be doing...
In this Verizon Network Planning role, you will assist in the planning and implementation of complex projects initiated and driven by Voice Planning to meet objectives. You will support critical product projects including Mission Critical Push-To-Talk and Enterprise-driven Unified Communications, and network projects involving the virtualization of network functions, tenant space planning and delivery, and IP network implementations.
You will assist and coordinate vendor negotiations, statements of work, terms and conditions, and product/service delivery. In that realm, you will also engage Verizon Sourcing with SRF generation, contract/amendment development, updates to purchase agreements, and feature development. You will assist the Voice Planning team in driving IT assistance in initiating projects, developing IT requirements and user stories, and driving IT commitment congruent with team objectives. Other responsibilities include:
Providing project and program management for efforts within the realm of Network Planning. Working with Network Planning leadership and management to take day-to-day ownership of processes and procedures necessary to effect Planning initiatives and deliverables, from architecture design through vendor selection, lab testing, FOA/instantiation, and rollout. Providing clear, concise, and regular communication of status to vendors, peers, management, and leadership.
Preparing and presenting clear, concise materials, and process and progress documentation and reports, on Voice Planning programs to peers, colleagues, and executive management. Inviting cooperation and collaboration on projects, and present status and progress in various settings, from peer reviews to executive updates to cross-functional summits.
Effectively communicating, in both written and spoken means, at a technical level while mentoring and guiding less senior technical staff members inside and outside of Verizon organizations. Preparing and presenting clear materials to peers, colleagues, and executive management.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Four or more years or relevant work experience.
* Experience in a large carrier Service Provider with VoIP network infrastructure.
Even better if you have:
* A Degree.
* Experience as a project manager with voice/VoIP networking planning.
* An interest in network routing, product and network design, and driving complex solutions across the business.
* Ability to analyze issues, document, and solve complex problems with innovative solutions.
* The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* The ability to manage competing priorities without losing focus on meeting tight deadlines.
* Strong experience in a larger carrier/Service Provider with VoIP network infrastructure design experience, product/service design capability, and the ability to introduce new solutions into a production network.
* Experience in leading and managing large-scale, cross-functional programs and projects.
* Working-level understanding and knowledge of IMS, VoIP, Carrier-Peering and Commercial arrangements, Internet Protocol , Voice over IP including SIP, RTP, codecs, architectures/platforms - Session Border Controllers, application servers, proxies, redirect servers, ENUM, back-to-back user agents, VoIP gateways.
* The ability to provide sample technical documentation, oral presentation of technical material, and working-level formative documents.
* Prior experience with VoIP NNI and UNI, Tier-1 VoIP Interconnections, delivery of Formal Technical Documentation and requirements documents, and communicating at the executive level, including AGILE/ITERATIVE design principles.
* Knowledge of SIP & TDM interconnect technology and experience working across carriers/service providers. Experience in SIP Headers and call handling, Trace back (protocol and tools), STIR/SHAKEN/PKI, VoIP, VoLTE/IMS, and TDM Call Flow Processing, Call Detail Reporting. Expertise in Network diagnostic tools and troubleshooting of WIRESHARK and protocol traces, fluent in SIP and negotiated SDP and Media packets
* Ability to exercise logical and methodical thinking.
* Knowledge of Mobile Handset operation and App controls, Internet Protocol (basic layer 2, 3, 4) including switching, routing and firewalls, legacy voice networks including wireline and wireless, Enterprise Services and PBX / VoIP Trunking, Voice over IP including SIP, RTP, codecs, architectures/platforms - Session Border controllers, application servers, proxies, redirect servers, Call Gapping / Blocking Logic, ENUM, back-to-back user agents, VoIP gateways, IMS.
* Ability to design and deploy systems into a cloud native environments using Openstack constructs.
* Specific knowledge of primary vendors - Metaswitch, Oracle, Ribbon (Genband & Sonus), Cisco/Broadsoft, NetNumber, Nokia, Ericsson.
* Working knowledge of the Verizon Business, Verizon Telecom, and Verizon Wireless networks.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.