It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Cigna, a leading Health Services company, is looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Data & Analytics organization. The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes of being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
In addition to Delivery, the full-stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. He/She should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
Behaviors of a full stack engineer:
Full stack engineers are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative, agile pattern daily. They have ownership over their work tasks, and embrace interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary. We aim to be cutting-edge engineers - not institutionalized developers.
* Minimize "meetings" to get requirements and have direct business interactions
* Write referenceable & modular code
* Design and architect the solution independently
* Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
* Have a passion to learn
* Take ownership and accountability
* Understands when to automate and when not to
* Have a desire to simplify
* Be entrepreneurial / business minded
* Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
* Take risks and champion new ideas
* 2+ years being part of Agile teams - Scrum or Kanban
* 3+ years of working in an object-oriented language: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO compiled language
* 3+ years in Web development frameworks like React, Angular, other Node.js based systems, Django, React-native, etc.
* 3+ years of database - SQL
* Experience with Git/SVN
* Experience with big data technologies a plus, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Strong communication skills
* Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
* Work in an agile CI/CD environment (Jenkins experience a plus)
* Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna is a health insurance and services company.