It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Cigna, a leading Health Services company, is looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Data & Analytics organization. The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes of being a Full Stack Engineer, among others, is Ownership & Accountability.
In addition to Delivery, the Full Stack Engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. He/She should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
The ideal candidate will work within a team that demands technical excellence, whose members are expected to hold each other accountable for the overall success of the end product. Focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems, but also with a mind to drive simplicity in refining and supporting of the solution by others. This is not a group that deals with technology from a distance - everyone is expected to roll up their sleeves and get to work on implementation. The candidate must have the love for learning as technology is constantly evolving so that they could provide direction to use the right technology at the right time.
Behaviors of a Full Stack Engineer:
Full Stack Engineers are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative, agile pattern daily. They have ownership over their work tasks, and embrace interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary. We aim to be cutting-edge engineers - not institutionalized developers.
* A passion for healthcare and the potential for technology to improve peoples' lives
* The aptitude to deliver enterprise or customer-facing applications in a variety of scenarios
* Experience in helping distilling complex ideas into an architectural and implementation plan, and then proving it out
* The ability to critically evaluate the trade-offs and implementation impacts of emerging vs. more established technologies
* Minimize "meetings" to get requirements and have direct business interactions
* Write referenceable & modular code
* Take ownership and accountability
* Understands when to automate and when not to
* Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
* Take risks and champion new ideas
* 2+ years being part of Agile teams - Scrum or Kanban
* At least 5 years of software development experience deploying enterprise applications
* 5+ years of working in an object-oriented language: Java or other OO compiled language
* 5+ years in Web development frameworks like React, Angular(preferred), other Node.js based systems, Django, React-native, etc.
* At least 2 years of experience with Build and Deployment automation (CI/CD)
* 5+ years of database experience
* Working knowledge of Cloud services (AWS, Azure etc.)
* Experience with Git
* Collaborate with business, IT partners and developers to find the best solution possible.
* Expertise in designing business intelligence systems, dashboard reporting, and analytical reporting is also a plus.
* Knowledge around machine learning a plus
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Strong communication skills
* Experience with big data technologies a plus, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
* Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
* Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna is a global health services organization.