It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Health Plan Analytics (HPA) business unit is searching for an energetic and driven data scientist to bring best in class analytics to our Commercial Healthcare organization. The Data Science Senior Advisor will report directly to the analytics leader who is responsible for developing the AI/ML algorithms that set the price for our $30B commercial book of business. The individual will be responsible for pioneering highly proprietary data science projects, third party data partnerships, and the modernization of our pricing processes.
HPA offers solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers that help reduce health costs, improve outcomes, provide financial security and measure and forecast business performance. The Data Science team has joint accountability with business operations to achieve Cigna's customer-centric, business growth objectives and strives for high levels of alignment and day-to-day engagement. The team provides analytical discipline and rigor to enable fact-based decisions for the business.
This person will contribute to the development of comprehensive analytics that facilitate best in class pricing and underwriting. The responsibilities are as follows:
* Execute special projects and pioneer 3rd party relationships that can improve Commercial Healthcare underwriting.
* Utilize data science and advanced analytics to create actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders to advance Cigna's strategic objectives.
* Regularly communicate work with business stakeholders and senior leadership.
* Stay up to date on latest analytic tools and techniques and strategize how to leverage these tools to modernize our pricing/UW organizations.
* Ensure solutions drive long term value while also ensuring they can integrate with current processes.
* Test & Learn Pilots: collaborate with business leaders to design, launch and measure robust pilots to test new solutions.
* Develop models that foster underwriting and actuarial advancement by aligning business problems to a potential solution like GLMs, Machine Learning, Clustering or other advanced techniques.
* Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Biostatistics, Econometrics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or Data Science.
* At least 5 years of experience in insurance analytics/data science.
* Statistical training in school or through work (ability to formulate and execute appropriate confidence intervals, regression modeling, various machine learning methods, etc.)
* Strong technical skills to extract large amount of data through SAS/Teradata/Hadoop/Oracle and construct easy to use tools and reports using VBA/Tableau/R/Python/GIS (knowledge of or ability to learn Python required).
* Ability to build models and manage the model building process (data prep, model build, validation, and implementation).
* Previous experience collaborating with others, establish working relationships, and communicating effectively across the organization.
* To influence, drive, and improve the areas above, the person in this position will need to be self-motivated.
* Strong verbal/written communication skills to work with various matrix partners, including but not limited to actuarial, medical economics, contracting, business, marketing, and IT.
* Working knowledge of Commercial Markets (Business to Business) - Underwriting and Actuarial preferred.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna is a health insurance and services company.