As part of a unique and highly-skilled team, you'll participate in the development of space launch vehicles. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will support development and maintenance of project scheduling and planning tools and processes and you will be responsible for project scheduling and planning for a small functional team. In this hands-on position, your work will increase the speed and efficiency of our programs by supporting the delivery, quality and transparency of schedule and financial data. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop standards for and administer the tools for program scheduling, resource planning, cost analysis, and reporting
* Develop Program Planning & Controls process standards
* Support tool administration including help-desk support
* Development and tracking of key performance indicators for process health
* Monitoring data and environment integrity and standard archiving/backup processes
* Support to program business offices (baselines, critical path analysis and variance analysis)
* Develop and maintain Program Schedule(s) within the Integrated Master Schedule
* Perform schedule baseline change control, collect and track performance, conduct critical path and variance analyses
* Provide visibility, status, and regular reviews on schedule performance
* Communicate issues to stakeholders and provide mitigation recommendations
* Resource load, analyze, and optimize Program Schedule to meet required dates
* Collaborate with Responsible Engineers and Buyers to status critical procurements and impact to schedule
* Perform "what if" scenarios, and help to develop recovery plans
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Project Management, or related field
* Hands-on Project Controls skill set, specifically in scheduling and planning complex projects, project controls, project planning and IMS
* Proficiency with resource loaded schedules using Primavera (P6), Open Plan, MS Project, or other similar software
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: Budgeting, cost analysis, and financial reporting
* 5+ years' experience in Manufacturing or Aerospace
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
* Strong communication skills in technical work environments
* Knowledge of SQL database administration
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Self-starter, strong bias for action
* Analytical, organization and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
* Experience with Deltek, COBRA, cost/schedule integration tools
* Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.