As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work on various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of requirements, interfaces and verification, using tools like DOORS and other functional analysis tool sets. Your activities may include effort in system safety assessment, risk management, test planning, configuration and data management, and developing solutions to system level challenges. You will integrate with various teams as Avionics Software, Guidance, Navigation & Control, Software Integration, Hardware in the Loop, and Network software teams. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Support the software team by carrying out systems engineering activities in accordance with Blue Origin standards and practices
* Engage in Blue Origin process tailoring
* Perform requirements authoring, decomposition, and traceability analyses
* Review and update specifications, design descriptions, and verification plans
* Assess change requests, risks, and waivers
* Organize and participate in gated reviews
* Perform system safety assessments
* Support data analysis tools and processes along with test data organization
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or other technical field
* 5+ years system development/integration experience - preferably with aerospace hardware
* Knowledge of systems engineering practices and methodologies
* Software Development skills in C/C++, Python, Simulink, and Matlab
* Experience with systems engineering tools such as DOORS
* Good communication skills, ability to work effectively in teams, good execution and coordination skills
* Experience with Safety Critical Software development
* Knowledge of software design assurance levels as defined in RTCA DO-178
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience with system safety analysis including Architecture Safety Assessments (ASA), Functional Hazards Analysis (FHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), and Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
* Experience in reliability, maintainability and supportability analysis
* Experience with both hardware and software test data analysis
* Experience in using PTC Windchill
* Basic project management skills including labor estimating, schedule management, and Agile/Scrum development environment
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.