The Adobe Platform Team (aka Ethos) is looking for a front end developer to work on the next evolution of our cloud infrastructure user interface.
Ethos deploys Adobe-wide software and infrastructure technology, promoting containerization, clusterization, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD). We create tools, processes, and workflows that connect and empower hundreds of internal development teams.
You'll be working as part of a small UI/UX development team, creating new features and maintaining existing ones. Because the team is small, the perfect candidate will have both strong coding abilities and a good sense of design and user experience. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes being part of the entire product life cycle, from concept to completion.
In this role, you will:
* Help combine many different apps into a single React app
* Contribute to the team's design system, including the UI toolkit (Sass and JS), documentation, and helping others use the system
* Shape and define the code standards for the frontend of Ethos
* Collaborate with other developers with many focuses including infrastructure, systems, backend, ops etc.
* Extend existing mockups by extrapolating visual components
* Work as part of a fast-paced, agile process
* Have the freedom to work independently
What you need to succeed:
* You have several code examples that you can walk through and explain in detail that show work using the above technologies
* Your code demonstrates that you prioritize reusability and componentization
* Minimum of 1-2 years writing React; ability to create React-based interfaces from scratch as well as edit existing ones
* You recognize the importance of code review and can explain what makes a good code review vs a bad one You can describe some of the latest trends in the frontend industry as well as how you stay up to date on new trends
* You've spent time working closely with designers and therefore can navigate image authoring tools like Sketch, Photoshop, and/or Adobe XD.
Nice to haves:
* You have experience mentoring others and can discuss its costs and benefits
* You've worked on a team that is partially or completely remote and developed strategies to enhance collaboration
* You've created or collaborated on a design system
Some of the technologies we work with on the front end:
* Ruby on Rails
* jQuery/jQuery UI
About the Team
* We're building the platform to run Adobe's web, big data, and machine learning services.
* Our team of 40+ people works in smaller groups of 3-5 developers. This allows us to be agile while working as part of a larger organization.
* We're globally distributed but remain intimate. The group is in India, Romania, New York City, Lehi, and San Jose just to name a few.
* Our product and teams are growing quickly. Though we are established, in production, and iterating, there are plenty of challenges to overcome, decisions to be made, and new development to do.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.