Trusted by more than 260,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce (an Adobe company) is the leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries, and now a strategic pillar of the Adobe Digital Experience solutions set. Adobe is known for its vibrant, dynamic and rewarding culture where personal and professional fulfillment and company success goes hand in hand. We take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers, and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe such a great place to work.
Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/fma/dayinthelife/
We are looking for an experienced technical Project/Program Manager who will take confident leadership of programs and is strong in coordination of internal and external resources, managing schedules, documenting, improving processes, and driving changes. A successful candidate will demonstrate a clear focus on project performance and metric-driven measurements, as well as documentation and automation.
What you will do:
* Assume tactical ownership of the Vendor Bundled Extension program and Extension Quality program services under the Sr. Engineering Manager of Extension Quality Platform and Services
* Coordinate and drive 3rd party extension vendors to deliver new functionality as part of Magento quarterly releases
* Facilitate communication between 3rd party and Magento developers to remove roadblocks
* Coordinate code reviews and other cross-functional actions for 3rd party extensions
* Own, track, and develop a set of performance metrics for the Extension Quality program
* Develop and maintain instructional process documentation for 3rd party extension vendors
* Educate vendors on best practices and technologies to optimize quality and timelines
* Drive cross-functional initiatives to promote adjacent programs and technologies to vendors
* Call out risks as we march towards release, develop and implement actions to mitigate them
* Assist Product Owner in refactoring the Bundled Extension program to better serve both Magento and 3rd parties
* Be the face of the assigned programs to the engineering representatives at 3rd parties
* Drive internal improvements that will help the program scale and automate
What you will need:
* Solid technical background, exceptional organizational skills, and be self-driven to improve the way things work.
* Understanding of a software development lifecycle is a must, including working knowledge of CICD systems.
* An understanding or hands-on experience in a PHP web application development environment a plus.
* Excellent client-facing written, and verbal skills are key.
* Must demonstrate a strong sense of risk assessment and practical prioritization.
* Must be metric-driven and strive strongly towards incremental progress and automation.
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
* 5-7 years of experience as a leader managing multiple projects within one or several programs
* Proven experience developing new programs on top of existing initiatives
* Proven experience implementing automation or data-driven initiatives
* Proven cross-functional experience working in a matrix organization and collaborating with multiple teams on a single project or program
* Agile certification strongly preferred
* PMP certification is a plus
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.