FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Mandiant seeks an Engagement Manager for Security Consulting Services with strong technical and consulting skills, project management capability, and sound written and verbal communication skills. The Engagement Manager (EM) is the face of the company to the client in for a large consulting services project with multiple facets and numerous stakeholders in the customer environment. The position is located on-site in Suitland, MD. EMs are counted on to be trusted advisers to our clients and to manage service delivery, ensure clear and frequent communications to stakeholders, escalate issues quickly and work them to resolution, and facilitate knowledge transfer to the customer. EMs are expected to call upon technical acumen and customer relationship management to deliver service in many ways, including: Providing guidance to clients on placement and configuration of technology, working with analysts and technical staff to understand and fulfill customer requirements, exchanging threat intelligence with customers and internal teams, and briefing customer and external groups on security threats and incident response.
* Manage all aspects of engagement from initial kickoff through to final reports and out briefs
* Provide operational oversight of service delivery and ensure deliverables are timely and of high quality
* Identify/implement improvements to business processes, methodologies, and customer communication methods
* Interface with customer to address concerns, issues or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to clients. Must understand and be able to communicate technical aspects of services to customer.
* Lead weekly update meetings to provide status updates to customer and present updates and results in formal and informal sessions as appropriate
* Prepare written reports and briefings for a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
* Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance preferred but not required
* Must be able to pass client background investigation
* Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including: Windows, Linux, and network architecture, implementation, and configuration
* Experience and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS technologies (Snort rules), proxy technologies, and anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
* Experience with the tools and techniques used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, or other areas of security operations.
* Thorough understanding of cyber security operations, event monitoring, and SIEM tools
* Experience with FireEye products highly desired, including FireEye network, email, and endpoint technology (NX, EX, PX, and HX)
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including ability to interact with senior executives
* Exceptional written communication
* Ability to successfully interface with and establish rapport with customers and internal stakeholders
* Ability to use formal project management skills in planning, tracking, and reporting on project progress
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner. Ability to set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
* Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience plus master's degree or minimum 10 years of relevant experience if no master's degree
* Minimum 3 years of experience working with federal government customers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
FireEye is a company providing cybersecurity solutions and services.