FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
The FireEye Systems Engineer is a customer-focused pre-sales position, a highly technical sales professional who provides support and guidance to prospective and current customers while collaborating with Account Managers and partner organisations to recommend and develop appropriate Security focused solution offerings. The Pre-Sales Systems Engineer acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in the Cyber Security field by the account team, channel partners and customers.
The FireEye Threat Prevention platform is complemented by a holistic suite of consulting services and managed services offered by Mandiant, a FireEye company. Mandiant has responded to thousands of cybersecurity breaches across all industries, organisation sizes, technical environments, and provided incident response services to mitigate the effects of many of the largest and most impactful cyber breaches in the past several years. In addition, Mandiant provides consulting services to help organisations prepare for the event of a cyber attack and to mature their overall security posture.
* Articulate the benefits of FireEye products and services for both technical and non-technical audiences. Research the technical requirements of an opportunity to scope and architect a solution that meets the customer's needs.
* Deliver presentations and whiteboard sessions to prospects and customers.
* Conduct Proof of Value / Proof of Concept PoC engagements on Sales opportunities. This includes installation and configuration of FireEye appliances (physical and virtual), training individuals on the use of FireEye products, providing assistance with hunting for malicious network activity or host-based indicators, and analysis of detected events.
* Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues.
* Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management and Engineering.
* Work closely with customers to grow and expand the implementation/integration of our products and services.
* Understand the customer's business drivers and how to map these to a FireEye solution that meets both their needs and budget.
* Preferably a Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or Equivalent Experience
* Pre Sales Systems Engineering experience in computer networking and security space
* Understanding of the cybersecurity threat landscape
* Good presentation and communication skills as required for typical pre-sales engagements
* Experience implementing Proof of Concepts PoCs
* Detailed understanding of operating systems and file system fundamentals, with in-depth familiarity with Windows, Linux, or Unix is a plus
* Ability to independently prioritize and execute project tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner. Set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires the ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and the technical advantages of our products and solutions.
* Experienced communicating up to C-level.
* Understand and be conversant about FireEye competitors, such as Firewall vendors, Antivirus vendors etc., their solutions, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
* Familiarity with various hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies, common malware families, and Anti-Virus / IDS / IPS evasion techniques.
* Experience of Managed Services and Professional Services and how that impacts Pre-Sales activities.
* Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of networking technologies and security solutions. Day-to-day operations and interactions will involve the following focus areas:
* Network Engineering - the OSI model, IPv4/6, Routing, Switching, DNS, VLANs and Subnetting, Taps, Load Balancers, SNORT, YARA
* Network Security - Firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies, SSL Interceptors, SIEM Products
* Email Flow - Exchange / Domino, Cloud Solutions, AV and Anti-SPAM products
* SOC Operations - IT Process Automation / Orchestration
* Intel - Knowledge and experience with Threat Intel
* Troubleshooting skills and experience
* Security certifications, CISSP, CISM, Security+, CEH, etc. are a plus
About Fireeye, Inc.
FireEye is a company providing cybersecurity solutions and services.