The Enterprise Automation Solutions (EAS) Software Developer will work closely with project teams (Development, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, etc.) to develop and implement complex application builds, packaging solutions and automation of the deployment and provisioning processes. In addition, the selected candidate will establish procedures and standards, develop and implement best practices, and participate in distributed enterprise software configuration management initiatives. This individual collaborates both as part of the overall team and as a single resource on project teams in the scheduling of an application automation and deployment. The right individual will have a passion for innovation and automation.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* In collaboration with architects, developers, and environment analysts, defines and executes software deployment automation strategies, writes scripts for automation and integration with an emphasis on continuous improvements.
* Develops clear and efficient solutions to complex code deployment automation problems.
* Creates self-service functionality for on demand application builds and deployment.
* Reviews build results, debugs, optimizes complex code deployments and resolves technical issues throughout all stages of the SDLC.
* Develops and maintains a software artifact deployment environment with associated release documentation.
* Responsible for defining, developing and following best practices for source code build management and continuous integration.
* Coordinates design of subsystems and integration with larger systems as required to support automation initiatives.
* Maintains, evaluates and implements improvements to build tools, continuous integration and deployment systems.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
* Technical proficiency with RedHat Linux and/or IBM AIX
* Expertise with source code management systems such as Git.
* Experience with application deployment automation.
* Familiarity invoking software build tools (i.e., Ant, Make, Maven) in support of supplied build scripts.
* Experience administering, maintaining, and deploying build packages utilizing technologies such as Jenkins for continuous integration.
* Experience with scripting frameworks and languages such as Korn, Bash, Powershell.
* Ability to collaborate with teams regarding automation of application deployment requirements.
* Ability to explain complex solutions to an audience with a wide variety of technical skills and background.
* Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* 24x7x365 operations - evening, weekend, and holiday work will be required.
* Knowledge of Configuration Management software (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or Chef).
* Docker, Kubernetes experience.
* Experience working in a DevOps environment a plus.
* Programming experience (Python, Java, .Net etc.) and understanding of object-oriented concepts.
* Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure management.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.