The Project Manager- Merchandising is responsible for managing projects in the Merchandising Vertical. This position provides indirect leadership to project teams through all phases of the project and/or program. This position also provides all of the necessary direction, coordination and follow-up to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, with requirements met, with quality.
Job Duties/ Essential Functions:
* Works with functional managers to staff projects by acquiring the necessary personnel from the various functional areas * Works with the project team to define and document project scope * Plan s, leads and delivers highly technical, complex IT solutions across multiple business and IT teams * Develops project budgets, manages changes and tracks actual costs and variance to approved budget * Manages issues, risks, and changes to project scope, schedule and budget * Manages the completion of project tasks according to the schedule * Communicates project status to IS and business management * Defines , plans, and executes program/project plans. Develops and manages well defined scope, schedules, budgets and resource management in an Agile/iterative environment * Mentors team members in project management artifacts, processes, tools and techniques * Ensures all project artifacts and deliverables are documented, approved, and stored for re-usability, support, and audit purposes in designated project tools
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* 3+ years project management experience * Project management or project support experience on a large scale project implementation * Proven track record for successful delivery of projects and working cross-functionally with business and IS * Past experience leading development teams in an Agile environment * Flexibility to manage projects in a hybrid traditional/agile program structure * Ability to manage an integrated and coordinated project track within a PMO structure * Ability to create and manage detailed project plans and report critical path * Must be flexible in diving into project detail when necessary, while keeping the overall picture in mind * Adept at assessing project issues and variance, responding appropriately and driving toward the next steps for resolution * Must be able to problem solve and devise workable solutions quickly * Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills with ability to influence and motivate project team members that report to other groups in the organization * Proven ability to develop business relationships and communicate successfully with people at all levels of management; exhibit excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills * Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills * Extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency * Able to flex to support the changing needs of the project * Able to work independently
* Experience on SAP or other ERP implementation project * Prior experience on Merchandise projects at Costco a plus * Experience designing and implementing Agile development processes * Experience with setting up environments and working on infrastructure projects * Project Management certification and/or demonstrated core project management skills based on familiarity with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) * Scrum master certification * Proficient in the use of the Google products: email, spreadsheet, document, presentation * Working knowledge of Service Now (Carts+) Portfolio & Program Management module * Proficient in the use of SmartSheets as a WBS and schedule tool * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.