Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Franklin
Job Title: Software Engineer III (Franklin, MA)
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Software Engineer III in the Research and Development/Engineering Department of the Environmental and Process Monitoring (EPM) business unit is responsible for supporting the design, development and maintenance of analytical instrumentation. This position will be a member of the Agile Sprint team responsible for providing software and embedded firmware support for Technology Development (TD), New Product Development (NPD) and sustaining projects. For more information about our products and technologies, please visit www.thermofisher.com/aqi
What will you do?
* Develop software algorithms, data structures, user interfaces and simulation/test tools as required with the Sprint team
* Work in a cross functional Agile Product Development Team Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related engineering field.
How will you get here?
* 5+ years of experience or applicable Masters Degree.
Experience/ Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Knowledge of the full design cycle for object oriented embedded C/C++ Linux application development
* Knowledge of device busses and protocols such as Serial (RS232/RS485), I2C and SPI, USB and Ethernet communications protocols such as TCP/IP, Modbus and HTTP
* Familiarity with reading electronic schematics and component specifications
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers biotechnology product development services.