Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - New York - Bohemia
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This position is primarily focused on inventory management dedicated to the customer . As a first point of contact, the Senior Site Specialist must provide the highest quality service when responding to the needs of the customer. The inventory management activities will include scanning of products, product put away, monthly cycle counts, yearly inventories.
What will you do?
* Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions.
* Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
* Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
* Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
* Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
* Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
* Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
* Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
* Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientific's Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
* Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
* Inventory Management, Site Metrics, Process Documentation:
o Assist / maintain site metrics and accuracy of data
o Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and follow direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
o Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
o Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away stock in multiple locations, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
o Update / create Work Instructions for site processes
o Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
o Maintain cleanliness of main stockrooms and POU areas
* Materials Management of a Vendor Managed Inventory Program
* Receiving of inventory in multiple locations
* Detrashing of products
* Reconciliation of inbound shipments for overages, shortages and damages
* Other task as needed
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Must be able to read, write and speak English.
* 3+ years related work experience
* Computer literate
* Proficient in Microsoft Office program, especially Excel
* Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
* Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
* Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
* Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
* Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
* Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers biotechnology product development services.