Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - South San Francisco
Sr. Program Manager
Job ID: 97536BR
Location: US - California - South San Francisco
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for leading New Product Introductions within the Pharma Analytics Business Segment. They will be accountable for all project related activities from Concept to Closure while ensuring teams follow product development/program management best practices, design control requirements are met, and budget is adhered to. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated leader who can navigate the complexities of a matrix organization to achieve success.
What will you do?
* Take ownership and drive projects from inception to commercialization though the stage gate, product commercialization process.
* Lead cross-functional teams to develop detailed project plans (scope, schedule, budget, resource, risk analysis, etc.)
* Facilitate well-planned project meetings with an agenda focused on actions, decisions and deliverables. Promptly issue minutes to ensure alignment on path forward.
* Capture, prioritize, track and drive closure on all project related action items and issues including risks and mitigation plans.
* Presents options, suggestions and trade-offs to resolve roadblocks to project success. Escalate issues where and when appropriate.
* Facilitate conversations to translate "Voice of Customer" to Customer Requirements, Product Requirements and Product Specifications.
* Establish, maintain and report on project scope, schedule, resources and finances to various levels within the organization.
* Prepare teams for phase gate reviews, present deliverables to Senior Management/Product Approval Committee.
* Identify areas of improvement; lead efforts to implement new processes or tools.
* Drive external collaboration projects.
* Maintain project and resource information in PPM Pro Portfolio Management Software.
How will you get here?
* B.S. or higher degree in scientific discipline (biochemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology, biology or chemistry).
* Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
* 8+ years project management experience in new product development of consumable products, 5+ years leading cross functional teams.
* Proficient in working with MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, MS Power Point.
* Experience leading software development projects a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Exhibits and drives a sense of urgency.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively interact with diverse audiences within the organization.
* Highly collaborative with proven ability to build consensus among diverse teams.
* Superior organization and planning skills.
* Proven ability to effectively deal with conflict in a team environment.
* Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
* Driven to continuously develop self and team; act as mentor.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers biotechnology product development services.