THIS POSITION IS NOW ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS
L3 Applied Defense Solutions currently has an opening for a Jr Systems Engineer at its Herndon, VA location.
The Jr Systems Engineer will be developing cutting edge analysis and decision support tools. The Engineer will support software development for ongoing J2EE development projects, be responsible for developing astrodynamics-based solutions using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies, and perform evaluations of COTS/GOTS/Open Source software products from business and technical perspectives.
* 1 years of experience with software, computer architectures, or software architectures.
* Experience in requirements development and management.
* Experience integrating diverse COTS, GOTS, and Open Source software.
* Experience evaluating and implementing new and state-of-the-art technology to address challenging customer problems in a research environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* B.S. degree or M.S in Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Computer Science, or related discipline.
* Experience with big data processing, data analytics, advanced visualization, and cloud technology.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance CI Polygraph.
* Work with aggressive timelines, in a team environment with a willingness to learn and grow.
* Experience developing software using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
* Must be able to work with software developers to assist in developing and presenting technical information.
* Leading in specific trade and root cause analysis studies that drive system development.
* Experience with astrodynamics modeling tools including COTS (STK, ODTK, FreeFlyer), GOTS (GMAT, USAF Astro Standards), open source (Orekit), or custom software (e.g. Matlab, Python).
* Knowledge of architectural frameworks, object oriented programs, spacecraft applications.
* Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
This position can be hired at a Level 1 or Level 2 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.