L3 SSG has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our talented engineering organization. The scope of the position requires a proven track record in a lead role in the development of requirements for multi-segment (hardware/software/ground) space payloads.
This position requires the ability to understand all levels of requirements including direct customer negotiation and flow-down. Must have the ability to work with I&T engineering to develop verification and validation requirements. Experience in the development and ownership of detailed CDRL's (CONOPS, Initialization, etc) are also required. The ideal candidate will have a strong, multi-discipline technical background and will work directly with internal technical IPT's developing requirements and associated documentation, as well as take a lead role in back and forth requirements development with the customer and associated sub-contractors
* BS in an Engineering discipline, MS preferred.
* Minimum of nine years of experience in developing EO systems or space payloads.
* Working knowledge in system level development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for complex systems.
* Experience with Verification and Validation requirements.
* Experience with high reliability space flight programs and radiation-hardened environments are required.
* Experience as a lead engineer, project engineer, or IPT lead is required.
* Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures are a plus.
* Experience generating requirements using Model-Based Systems Engineering and/or DOORS is preferred.
* Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
* Experience supporting new business pursuits and proposals efforts is highly desirable.
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers as well as mentoring of other engineers.
* Existing TS/SCI (SSBI) security clearance or the ability to satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI (SSBI). Current, active clearance preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
L3 SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
U.S. Citizen status required.
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade T04 or T05 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L3 SSG specializes in the development, manufacturing and qualification of remote E-O sensing payloads, instruments and major sub-systems primarily for space as well as unique airborne applications. Space mission areas include major science investigation, situational awareness, launch detection and weather analysis. Primary markets served include NASA, DoD, intelligence communities and commercial space. Primary airborne contributions include hyperspectral payloads for specialized overseas missions and critical line-of-sight control sub-systems for targeting systems.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.