Powerful Careers - Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
* diversity &
* community service
* 9 employee
* Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
* Challenge Status Quo
* Communication Skills
* Eager to Learn
* Emotional Intelligence
* Leadership Traits
* Problem Solver
* Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
It's fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There's a lot of potential in the company, and I've experienced it firsthand.
- Alfonso Lopez, Engineer Trending
* Making the World a Safer Place
* Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
* 401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
* Performance Recognition
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
* Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
* Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
* Educational Assistance
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
* Relocation Assistance
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
* Parental Leave
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
* Successful candidate must have graduated from an accredited University or College within the last 18 months*
Do new ideas and technology thrill you?
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic "yes!" then you may be the person we're looking for to join our innovative team as a Software Engineer.
The Software Engineering Center (SEC) provides software engineering, integration and test expertise on missiles, launchers,fire control and other complex systems. Our central focus is real-time software development, integration, test and validation activities for these systems within RMS. We provide engineering design processes, standards and test expertise to Raytheon's current programs, along with new system technology development. We ensure that our customers' requirements are implemented, tested, validated and integrated into deployed systems throughout the world.
Typical job functions include participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions. We are responsible for delivering the embedded code for all RMS products. Our software boots the processor, tests the system, communicates with external entities, and executes the customer's mission.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
We have Full-time and Part-time opportunities available.
* Knowledge of modern software languages - C, C++, Java, Unix and UNIX derivatives, MatLab and other analysis tools
* College coursework should include C/C++ or Java
* 1 year of calculus, physics and computer science studies that include assembly level programming
* Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
* Knowledge of systems software design and operating systems and architectures
* This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
* Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash, etc) is a plus
* Holding a current Secret clearance is a plus
* Internships or cooperative work assignments in an applicable embedded software development environment or DoD environment is a plus
* Strong analytical skills
* Math classes beyond Calculus such as Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and Engineering Mathematics
* Computer Science classes such as Operating Systems and Compiler Design
* Electrical Engineering classes related to embedded systems design
* Must have good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
Required Education (Including Major):
Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field (Software, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems) or a related discipline including but not limited to Computer Science, Math and Physics.
The job title for a Bachelor of Science degree is a Software Engineer I (G06).
* Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition*
* ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
* 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon Company Overview
2015 MATHCOUNTS National CompetitionHighlights
Tomahawk Missile Flight Testing
Women in Engineering article from former Center Manager, Sharon O'Neal:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.