Java Software Developer - SeniorFighting a multi-domain war requires integration across platforms, systems, military branches and coalition forces. The Air and Space Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS) is the command and control center for operational mission planning, executing and assessing joint air operations during a contingency or conflict. The AOC WS provides the USAF with the strategic capability with operators at 22 global AOC WS locations providing command and control to aircraft through all of the Air Force's multiple critical missions.
Currently, the Air Force is modernizing their AOC WS, providing a technological advantage in everything from security to actionable insight in the digital battlespace. Using software development best practices, such as Agile and DevOps, IIS will integrate data from more than 45 disparate systems and applications that feed data into the AOC WSs. Raytheon's innovative 'Modernization through Sustainment' approach incrementally improves systems without interrupting critical missions. As part of this 'Modernization through Sustainment' strategy, the team will work with the Air Force to standardize, modernize, sustain and transform the 22 AOCs worldwide into interoperable net-centric AOC WS. The upcoming improvements will facilitate machine-to-machine data transfer, allowing commanders to make decisions more quickly while reducing human error.
The U.S. Air Force Materiel Command has awarded IIS a contract valued up to $375 million over six years to implement the 'Modernization through Sustainment' strategy for the AOC WS. Under this multi-year contract, Raytheon will update the existing AOC WS baseline software and develop and deploy new software upgrades to improve air and space command and control operations.
Initially, the Defense Innovation Unit Experimental (DIUx) and The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) are executing a Pathfinder Project to bring new capabilities to the AOC WS using best commercial software development practices. In order to do this, Raytheon IIS is immediately recruiting to fill IIS positions for this highly collaborative effort.
Looking for candidates who have skills and competencies in one or more of the following product domains:
* Command and Control Systems
* Agile/DevOps methods and tools
* Dev/Ops Team Interactions
* Software development with continuous integration and automated test frameworks
* Practical experience with Agile/scrum, continuous integration and automated test frameworks
* Ability to quickly adopt Test Driven Development and Pair Programming development methods
* Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems) and conducting system/software integration and testing of software products
* Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong team-player
* Ability to coordinate with product and multi-discipline functional teams
* Extensive experience working directly with program customers and dealing diplomatically with program issues while solving difficult technical problems
* Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor of Science in one of the following: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering
Desired skills include 5+ years of experiencing using Test Driven Development (TDD)and Pair Programming development methods along with the following:
* Advanced degree - M.S. in one of the following: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering
* Practical experience developing software for Command and Control systems
* Product development in a multi-disciplined collaborative team environment
Location: the work for this Pathfinder Project phase will be performed primarily at the KREL site in Boston, MA, with potential for periodic travel to Hanscom AFB
131333BR 131333 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.