Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide algorithm systems engineering as part of the Tactical Radar Systems Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
* Development of mathematical algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration
* Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
* Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
* Design and development of radar waveforms
* Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
* Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
* Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
* US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELELCTED CANDIDATE WILL NEED A SECRET CLEARANCE DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT*
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in systems engineering or algorithm development
* Knowledge of basic radar operations: Doppler Filtering, Pulse Compression, Calibration, and Antenna Array processing
* Knowledge of tactical radar signal processing techniques, mathematical algorithms, analytic techniques and computer simulations
* Experience in Matlab, C++, or related languages
* Experience in algorithm development
* Experience working with both customer and internal resources
* Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
* Must have US Citizenship
* Must be able to access US only data.
* Able to effectively multi-task multiple tasks and priority actions
* Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
* Expertise in Matlab, C++, or related languages
* Experience in software development of embedded, real-time complex systems
* Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
* Experience in radar data analysis and problem resolution; especially with respect to surveillance radar
* Experience in target tracking for surveillance radar applications
* Experience in bi-static radar processing and space-time adaptive processing
* Leadership and communication skills
* Experience leading a technical team of System Engineers and Analysts
* Graduate level coursework in and/or work experience in digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
* Active Top Secret and/or additional clearances
* Ability to obtain SAP-Special Access
Required Education: BS in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline; advanced degree(s) preferred
Desired Education: Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
130589BR 130589 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.