If you are excited by the challenges of building software and systems that can withstand cyber attacks or that use sophisticated AI algorithms and autonomous drones to help find lost travelers, apply here at BBN/ Raytheon in Cambridge, MA.
We develop and demonstrate algorithms and ideas that make distributed systems resilient
* Use Java and C++ as implementation language, but Go, Python or your favorite languages are ok, as long as you take ownership and seamlessly integrate with the rest
* The changes you are dealing with may come from changes in the environment, cyberattacks, failures, software and hardware upgrades and requirements
* The resiliency you will be striving to achieve may mean continued operation, maintaining desired qualities of the systems in terms of performance, security, accepted risk etc.
* The distributed systems you will be working with can range from traditional web-enabled multi-tier client server systems, to systems that include embedded devices, IOTs and systems that may not conform to client-server paradigm (e.g., swarms, groups, or pub-sub)
We integrate what we build with other components, and test. We validate the claims, or find holes and fix them.
* Help us evaluate and refine ideas and enhance algorithms, and if you can come up with new twists- even better
What you will do
* Think, design, implement, test, and integrate; capture and present results; publish papers
* Deliver smart solutions to hard problems in the form of working systems to be run and evaluated by external users
* Work collaboratively with other researchers within BBN, university peers and peer organizations
* Execute tasks on time and deliver high quality work product, respond to customer and evaluator feedback
* Learn about Computer Science issues and challenges of national importance, and help address them
What you need
* Strong programming skills, particularly in Java, C/C++ or your favorite programming language
* Experience with distributed systems, cybersecurity, middleware
* Creative problem solving and experimental design
* Good oral and written communication skills
* M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field with 0-2 years of experience or Bachelors in Computer Science and 2+ years of direct experience
* U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
* Interest and exposure to OS, Compiler, Networking internals, fault-tolerance, embedded systems
What you will gain
* Experience working on cutting-edge research, prototype, development and transition
* Work with world class researchers and engineers that embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
* Opportunities to lead early in your career and establish a reputation in your field
* Improve your technical, writing and presentation skills, expand your network by establish relationship with customers and peers
* Get rewarded for your passion and entrepreneurial drive by peer recognition and credibility, and even monetarily
Our Intelligent Software & Systems team conducts R&D in advanced software and systems that are more capable and intelligent, adaptive and resilient; making a positive impact today and empowering the future.
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and learn. If you are curious, hungry for more, and willing to learn- join us! We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a 5% 401k company match, a 5% Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, an onsite gym (in Cambridge), paid parental leave, paid time off, and all kinds of employee discounts.
140399BR 140399 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.