Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a Senior Virtualization Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi-disciplined environment. The Sr. Virtualization Administrator must have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a data center based VMware infrastructure both physical and virtual. Duties include, but are not limited to, install, configuration, and maintenance of VMware ESXi host, vSphere, Horizon (VDI) environment, and plug-ins, daily monitoring of data center virtualized performance metrics, proactive and reactive responses to the metrics, software/hardware upgrades and patch installs, deployment of new virtual infrastructure, data store management, resource management, zero client configuration, support of our Information Assurance partners in maintaining our security and compliance positions, and managing access controls and user permissions and roles.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach , Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune's Global 500, ComputerWorld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017," and Human Rights Campaign 2017 "Best Place to Work" for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
The candidate's roles and responsibilities include:
* Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
* Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve all problems
* Work as a member of a data center support team
* Monitor and take action based on input from system monitoring tools
* Apply security hardening settings and work with our Information Assurance partners to maintain compliance with standards
* vSphere, vROM, VCSA Management console, Horizon View administration
* High availability, and DRS configuration
* Identify, analyze, and remediate technical challenges
* Resource management and VM monitoring
* Partner with application/project/security teams and vendors to plan, design, and implement new virtual infrastructure
* Manage vCenter roles and permissions
* Create and maintain technical and detailed design documentation
* 4+ years experience with VMware products (ESXi, vSphere, Horizon, etc.)
* 4+ years' experience in support of Microsoft Windows desktops or Servers (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 10, Server 2008/2012/2016)
* In-depth experience deploying VMware products and managing a virtualized environment (HA, DRS, resource allocation, snapshot management, VMDKs, Datastores, vMotion, VUM, etc.)
* In-depth knowledge of operating system concepts and implementations
* Knowledge of the VMware suite of tools/applications
* Experience managing VCSA/vCenter and creating VMs and templates
* Understanding of network services as related to a virtualized environment (e.g. vSwitch, VLAN, vMotion, etc.)
* Experience with supporting HP hardware (servers, storage, fibre switch, etc.)
* Experience with an IT incident/service request system
* Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
* Effective written and interpersonal communication
* Willingness to learn new technologies and expand your individual skillset
* Familiarity with DISA STIG security hardening settings
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active Secret security clearance
* Linux experience
* VMWare VCP certification
* VMware vSAN and vCloud experience
* Familiarity/experience with system monitoring tools such as Splunk and SolarWinds, security monitoring/protection tools such as Forcepoint, Nessus
* Experience with any of the following Automation technologies:
* Puppet, Chef, Pivotal, or similar
* Support for DevOps environments
* CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to an virtualization admin
* Experience with Netapp storage systems
* Direct Data Center experience
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of related experience
136445 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.