Pfizer's Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DSE team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
The Director, Web Publishing Platform Lead provides senior level technical leadership responsible for end to end Strategy, Development, Security and Operations Lifecycle for Pfizer's Web Publishing Platform - Edison.
This global leadership position requires a proven ability to lead large teams, use knowledge of industry/market trends and a broad technology background. The leader in this role needs to be able to anticipate, understand and steer current and future business strategy whilst building complementary technical strategy and platform roadmaps to meet business needs and empower our customer-aligned vision.
Pfizer's digital solution platforms are a true enabler of differentiation within the competitive marketplace. Decisions made by this role will have long lasting impacts on Pfizer's ability to deliver our mission of patient value via groundbreaking commercial and technical solutions.
This position plays a key role in crafting the delivery of the ongoing digital transformation at Pfizer, sharing knowledge and building alignment at a global business unit level.
The Edison platform powers all of Pfizer's web properties, self-service content publishing capabilities & enables Pfizer to publish hundreds of new websites a year and support thousands of updates to existing assets.
Edison comprises technology stacks plus operational and solution delivery processes for Drupal (Open Source CMS) plus Static Sites (generated via JAM stack architectures). Within these, significant investment is being made in Web Components and Serverless architectures.
* Your primary responsibilities will be to provide strategic vision & leadership to the development & operations of the Edison platform leading a team of at minimum 7 colleagues and 40+ contractors. * The Edison platforms are the digital front door of Pfizer. You will be responsible to ensure that the front door is secure as possible, bringing to bear industry knowledge and practical application of security principals. * The Edison Platform is comprised of Drupal 7, Drupal 8, Acquia Site Factory and a Static Sites hosted on S3. The following applications, tools and services comprise elements of each platform: Edison Dashboard (custom operations and task hub) Edison CD (custom Continuous Integration & automation platform), Edison changelog, Edison Docs, Electron Automation services, Integrations with Cloudflare, Travis, Jenkins, GitHub and multiple APIs & AWS services. * You will need to demonstrate industry and internal business & technical knowledge to ensure the investments made into the Edison platform align closely to the upcoming business needs and demands. As there is a lag in the time taken to implement technical solutions, it is critical that you are able to predict market and internal trends and anticipate the needs of customers. * You will need to ensure everything the team does is aligned to the business goals and objectives of the organisation and Business Units. You'll establish excellent and productive professional relationships with other leaders across the organisation to ensure strong alignment of visions and strategies. * You will lead a multi-functional team ranging from Project Managers, Engineers, Development teams, Security Analysts & Platform Operations teams, ensuring that the delivery of the roadmap & vision follows modern development and testing practices and is aligned with internal practice from other specialist teams. * It's important that you establish and champion effective communication practices and channels to enable delivery teams to make the best informed decisions when executing against Pfizer's vision and strategies. * We need champions for the DevOps mentality to ensure the model's success, building a culture of shared responsibility and openness leading to higher quality and quicker delivery of output. Make measurement, learning and feedback a habit for all teams that you touch. * Embed Continuous Improvement and automation in all relevant teams and develop DevOps culture around them. Deliver on quality, customer satisfaction and budget targets. * Develop plans for managing talent inside and outside the organization and for improving leadership bench strength. Ensuring that the talent base has the skills required to complete tasks of today and be prepared for changing business needs. * Champion innovation. Develop and leverage resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/products across DSE and commercial Business Units, taking appropriate risks to achieve desired results; guide direct reports on acceptable levels of risk-taking.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 10 years experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead. Experience leading teams of contract or colleague resources. * Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with growing responsibility crafting, delivering, and maintaining numerous large-scale, global systems & platforms for large-scale global organizations across multiple hardware and software platforms * Minimum of 3 years experience leading teams of contract or colleague resources. Experience operating in a large multi skilled software development or operations team. * Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines * Progression through roles to a level with validated management and leadership experience * Demonstrable experience operating in a DevOps environment. * Demonstrable experience with Software Development Lifecycle management, including production system maintenance and operation. * Demonstrable experience with software delivery concepts including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Continuous Delivery, Microservices, APIs, TDD, BDD. * Industry leading experience working with: Drupal 7 & 8, Acquia Cloud Platform, Open Source technologies, AWS Cloud Services, Mulesoft, IDPs including Janrain, Complex Data Integrations / patterns, mobile technologies and related emerging technologies.
Demonstrated experience in
* Vendor negotiations with cited impacts to strategic direction and in-line production products.
* Managing financial resources and staff to meet goals across multiple projects
* Sourcing model definition and effective execution
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner & influence resources outside of the immediate span of control. * Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources. * Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area. * Proven capability handling large scale, enterprise software requirements definition, designs and implementations in a global 24/7 environment. * Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment a bonus.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: June 26, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.