Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate software professional to help us create, extend, and maintain our connected car software platform. This position will be responsible for the architecture specification and working models of various systems as defined in software architecture roadmap to deliver the next generation of services to our customers. In this role you will evaluate new technologies, architectural patterns, prototypes and development strategies and then work with a team of architects and the engineering team to deliver them to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Establish the architectural principles to be used as building blocks for the CV platform
* Collobrate and architect key new system designs and infrastructure initiatives
* Investigate new technologies by building functional prototypes and working with key partners to evaluate their readiness for inclusion in the CV platform
* Ensure key security, scalability, reliability and maintainability requirements are achieved by the CV platform
* Educate and mentor the CV engineering team on architectural and software engineering best practices
* Lead a team of senior principal engineers and architects to deliver on key initiatives
* Manage a team of 5+ Software Architects.
* Bachelor's (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master's preferred
* 5+ years of experience defining system architecture and leading software architects
* 10+ years of cumulative software development leadership at a director or above level
* 15+ years of experience as a software developer with experience architecting and delivering large scale distributed and cloud enabled systems
* Experience in delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market
Requirements and General Skills:
* Experience in balancing academic principles with pragmatic engineering best practices to deliver software products
* Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering teams
* Influence and mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* Experience with interacting with external customers, technology partners and executive teams to establish strong working relationships
* Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
* Ability to analyze new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future
* Occasional international and regional travel
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* A broad base of software engineering experience using multiple development languages and platforms to deliver commercial products
* Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure
* Experience with Linux and mobile technologies
* Experience with CI/CD best practices, methods, frameworks and tools
* Experience with test automation and continuous deployment methods, frameworks and methods for unit, integration, acceptance and smoke tests
* Experience with data driven applications and the technologies to manage big data
* Experience with development new system architectures and evolving existing platforms
* Expert technical understanding of algorithms, software patterns and anti-patterns. Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.