Location: New York, NY
SiriusXM is seeking a Senior Implementation Specialist to manage a multitude of large scale integration projects within the IT Operations department. The position will have matrixed responsibility to the IT Program Management Office to ensure compliance with SiruisXM Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) standards and participate in the Application Project Planning where the services of IT Operations are required to coordinate and deliver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for project management support for integrated implementations within the IT Operations and Services area.
* Provide hands-on project management and actively manage project plans, deliverables, dependencies, outcome and stakeholder communications for assigned projects within the agreed upon timeframe and guidelines.
* Create, update and facilitate the execution of project work plans using Planview, including identification of resources needed and assignment of individual responsibilities.
* Prepare communication plans and related project status reports to key stakeholders to provide project updates on activities and deliverables, as well as risks and mitigation strategies.
* Define and manage overall change control processes and validation aspects of the project to ensure project success.
* Establish, manage and motivate teams dedicated to each project to meet expected deliverables and timelines.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
* 10+ years of professional IT experience.
* 6+ years hands-on experience with IT Service Management methodology.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* PMP or ITIL Certification desired.
* Experience in IT requirements gathering.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.