First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
The Director of Network Engineering manages a team of technical professionals that designs, implements, administrates and improves the network infrastructure for First Republic Bank. The team is comprised of on-site employees on both east and west coasts, and an off-shore managed service team. This role will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of our end-state architecture roadmap for network services. The Director of Network Engineering will set the direction, pace and targets for the team to pursue improvements in our services and drive overall efficiencies.
What you'll do as the Director of Network Engineering:
* Provide technical leadership for a team of network engineers and administrators, setting the tone for definition, design and implementation of new network infrastructure components and services.
* Maintain the overall network platform stability, security and reliability.
* Own and drive the overall performance measurement and reporting of services.
* Provide mentorship and guidance to team members.
* Continuously optimize the team's processes and technical implementations to improve reliability, costs, and delivery speed to our internal clients.
* Negotiate service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) relating to the service with business and internal IT team.
What skills you will use:
* Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience is highly desirable.
The following certifications are highly desired but not required:
* CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
* CCIE or CCNP (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) or (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
* COBIT (framework - develop, implement monitor/improve IT governance and management practices)
* ITIL (ITIL - set of detailed practices for IT service management)
Required Work Experience:
* A minimum of 10-12 years of network infrastructure operations and engineering experience.
* A minimum of 7-10 years' experience managing a network engineering team.
* Leading the development and implementation of strategy and change plans that cross multiple information technology functions and an international geography.
* Seasoned leader with strong technology experience including functional and domain knowledge.
* Complex strategic transformation experience, such as outsourcing and internal IT process re-engineering of ITIL/ITSM processes.
* Management of diverse teams including FTE, contractors, and consultants across geographies.
* Broad knowledge of LAN, WAN, voice and video technologies (e.g., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, SDN, DNS, VoIP and their related traffic patterns).
* Broad knowledge of staple IT technologies (e.g., operating systems, servers, virtualization, storage, software development, and their related impacts as it pertains to network resources).
* Extensive knowledge of data network architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
* Experience in migration to cloud technologies for IaaS, PaaS for internal private and external public consumption.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.