First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As part of the Information Services team, the Wealth Management Technology Team drives the vision to create an industry leading, client-centric wealth technology experience. The team is looking for forward thinking, action oriented individuals to help drive the implementation and development of innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
This position reports to the Software Development Manager and supports development and implementation of Wealth Management's technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within First Republic to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank. He/she must be a highly motivated, quality driven developer for the team. The API developer will consistently deliver solutions meeting the highest standards. While strategic thinking and coordination are important elements of this role, this individual will be required to take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverable preparation and other related activities across various IS groups.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer - Python Developer:
* Work on end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of wealth management technology solutions. Includes working as an effective liaison between the front office, business units, operations and other technology groups to ensure that client needs are addressed while maintaining alignment to the Bank's goals and strategy.
* Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices.
* Provide design to deliver engaging, innovative, and client-centric wealth management technology solutions.
* Define systems architecture, design techniques and development standards to support cross-functional, multi-system solutions that scale and are flexible to meet the future needs of the organization.
* Review other developers' solutions and assure adherence to the highest quality standards.
* Oversee the design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles of in-house development and vendor implementations end-to-end.
* Perform prioritized planning and execution of the product development and release schedules while iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows.
* Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation.
* Act as tertiary level support for Technical Support when necessary.
* Responsibilities include: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* Proficiency is required in the following: Python, Pandas, Django, Celery, RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration ETL, SFTP/SSH, Unix/Linux, Informatica, ERwin/Model Manager, MS SQL Server
* 5+years' experience in ETL Developer role with deep knowledge of data processing
* 3+years' experience in Python, Pandas, Django
* Experience with Celery, RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
* Strong experience in building data warehouse solutions and Data Modeling.
* Strong ETL performance-tuning skills and the ability to analyze and optimize production volumes and batch schedules.
* Experience in SQL, PL/SQL / T-SQL
* Experience with ETL, SFTP/SSH, Unix/Linux, as well as Git or other version control systems
* Expertise in operational data stores and real time data integration
* Experience with Development Methodologies, Databases Platforms and Data Modeling tools (ERwin/Model Manager)
* 10+ Years of in MS SQL Server Database Design/Development
* Expert level skill in modelling, managing, scaling and performance tuning high volume transactional database.
* Linux platforms.
* Worked with automated build tools, continuous integration using Jenkins CI/CD
* Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Excellent communication and documentation skill
* Ability to work well with fast-?paced environment, deployment cycles, and tight deadlines.
* Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic work environment.
* TFS Kanban, JIRA or other issue/bug tracking system
* Strong command of Git
* SDLC and Agile/Scrum/Kanban concepts
* Docker containerization
* BS in computer science
* Banking Industry Experience
* Knowledge of finance and asset management
* Knowledge of Jenkins, Openshift, Splunk
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.