First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
As an essential member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, the Infrastructure Engineer - Linux will have the primary responsibility of providing support for the firm's Linux server infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be fast to learn, have ability to assess and prioritize tasks, and ensure a smooth transition of and implementation of projects and new technologies by working closely with Operations Control team and other Engineering teams. The Engineer must have experience working with RHEL 7, Ansible, Virtualization, and Redhat Satellite.
* Day to day L3 data management Linux VM Infrastructure including configuring, troubleshooting and resolving issues in a Linux Server environment
* Write Ansible playbooks to further automate the environment, provide end to end server provisioning in a VMware environment.
* Address L2 & L3 user and environment issues quickly and efficiently with minimal downtime.
* Design solutions to address areas that require improvement.
* Meets with the business and determines and creates engineering requirements that meet the needs of the business and work with necessary teams to roll them out into the environment
* Patch management, Redhat Satellite management configuration
Support Network: DNS, LDAP, DHCP, TLS/SSL
* Responsibilities include the following:
* Adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.)
* Adhering to Bank policies and procedures
* Completing required training
* Identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer
* Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)7.x
* 5-7+? years of experience in Linux Systems Administration &
* Engineering with an understanding of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
* Configuration Management: Redhat Satellite, Ansible and Ansible Tower
* Network: DNS, LDAP, DHCP, TLS/SSL,
* VMWare administration in a large clustered environment
* Strong automation skills using Ansible
* Self-starter with the ability to independently identify and act on areas of improvement
* Meticulous and cautious. Identify and consider all risks, and balance those with performing the task efficiently
* Must be able to remain calm in a stressful environment and work overtime if needed.
* Must be analytical in approach to work
* Must be a team worker and have the ability to motivate and guide team towards project goals
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact positively with end-users and vendors on a daily basis
* Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment and follow written policies and procedures.
* Provides extraordinary service.
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
* Strong working knowledge of Redhat RHEL 7, VMware, Satellite, Ansible Tower, Scaling and tuning servers.
* Familiar with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Active Directory
* Knowledge of NetApp ISCSI and NFS technologies, SQL Server is helpful.
* Cloud infrastructure experience desired, eg. AWS, Azure
* Cloud management platform experience desired with VMware, eg. Cloudbolt, Morpheus
* Bachelor's degree, Computer Science requested
* Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
The ability to learn and comprehend complex instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively
Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Must be able to travel as position requires.
May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.