* Job: 20553-RKUL * Location: US-MA-Natick * Department: Product Development
Do you want to expand on and use your leadership and communication skills while working on technical projects in software development?
You will work with an internal community of software engineers to improve our software development practices. Sample topics include but aren't limited to:
* Software development workflows, * Build and deployment systems (Git, Maven, etc.), * Continuous integration workflows.
You'll evangelize new tools and best practices, establish standards and best practices, and create and deliver learning resources.
* Develop a deep understanding of software development practices and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry. * Work with senior leaders to identify issues that impact organizational goals related to software development. Develop clear and well-scoped problem statements, initiate and drive related projects to completion. * Create new processes, resources and reference content both on your own and as part of a cross-functional team. Pilot new content and help develop new standards with supporting resources. * Facilitate organizational adoption of tools and standards through thoughtful change management strategies. Rollout tool updates and new best practices and find ways to help staff members successfully adopt them. Report out to senior staff on progress against business drivers.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field. * Experience in software development. * Strong communication skills including writing, presentation, and group facilitation. * Ability to collaborate across teams and roles.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.