Search for more jobs
Infrastructure Software Engineer (Non-Functional Testing)
* Job: 20101-BHAM
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
You will work with a team of engineers focused on developing and evolving non-functional testing frameworks that help MathWorks engineering teams create stable, high-quality products quickly. A passion for test-focused software development practices and a penchant for software architecture and craftsmanship are ideal for this position. Come help provide tools and knowledge that promote development of software that is clean, performant, and testable!
In this position, you will work with the memory and performance test frameworks team to help develop and improve automated memory and performance testing frameworks. Responsibilities will include:
* Design and development of next generation tools and interfaces for measuring C++ and MATLAB code (e.g., benchmarking frameworks, scalability analysis, memory testing frameworks)
* Identification and implementation of changes to the product under test for increasing testability
* Contributions to the long term automated testing vision and strategy of the company
You will mentor other developers and quality engineers across all product areas on automated testing-related issues.
* A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Programming experience in C++ (STL, Boost)
* Experience with memory or profiling related tools (e.g. Valgrind, xperf, VTune, Purify, PurifyPlus, Insure, MATLAB profiler)
* Experience using or developing one or more performance testing frameworks (e.g. Google Benchmark, JUnitPerf, NTime, timeit)
* Experience using or developing one or more unit testing frameworks (e.g. Google Test, xUnit, Catch)
* Familiarity with at least one C++ debugger such as Visual Studio and/or gdb
* Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
* An understanding of gcc/clang sanitizers a plus (e.g. ASan, UBSan, LSan, TSan, HWASAN)
* Some MATLAB experience is a plus
* Experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Node.js is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.