At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
* Build the state of the art development tools and end-to-end development and delivery workflows for engineers who develop and validate self-driving capability on Uber's platform
* Design, develop, and deliver tools and platforms for large scale build, test, and release in developer private environment and managed continuous integration environment
* Develop best practices for web development, embedded system development, machine learning, simulation and validation
* Be passionate for developing well-architected, innovative, and elegant software tools and services
* For senior candidates:
* Drive technology initiatives end-to-end and across multiple layers of architecture
* Collaborate with multiple teams, gather requirements, develop specifications, and resolve complex technical problems
* Lead a team of engineers, demonstrate technical leadership, and mentor junior engineers
* Multiple locations: Pittsburgh and San Francisco
* Multiple levels: From entry level to staff engineer
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* The Developer Experience team has a few areas of specialization including build systems, developer tools/workflows, devops, and testing. Strong candidates will typically have a combination of skills across these areas. We don't expect you to be an expert in all of them.
* Strong desire for automation: building tools, services, and platforms that enable other engineers
* Designing, launching, and running services in AWS to support a complex and rapidly growing software engineering org
* Strong command of version control systems and policies; well versed in the pitfalls of using version control at scale, particularly with regards to git.
* Deep knowledge of scalable continuous integration processes and tooling, such as Jenkins and BuildKite
* Experience building and working with software testing and improvement tools including: testing frameworks, sanitizers, linters, etc.
* Hands-on experience with modern software build tools, such as Bazel (strongly preferred), Buck, Pants, Please, etc.
* Experience with microservice development, containerization platforms such as Docker, and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
* Adaptable to a fast-paced environment and knowledgeable when it comes to the latest technology (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) trends and standards
What You'll Need
* At least four years of experience with Software Engineering, DevOps, Tools
About the Team
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.