At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As Sr Technical Program Manager on the Uber Rewards team, your job will be to help Uber build & launch benefits that reward our riders & eaters. This will require a candidate with deep empathy for riders & eaters, the ability to set and deliver a vision, to inspire internal & external partners, to tell great stories that bring our products to market, and mastery of go-to-market strategy. The candidate must also be highly effective at collaborating across organizations and with external partners, creating alignment across functions, and an expert in getting things done.
Uber Rewards is a first-of-its-kind consumer program that lets you earn on both rides and eats while unlocking special benefits. Learn more at uber.com/rewards. #UberRewards
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do TPMs move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the company. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
TPM work involves the following:
* Program manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives. Interface with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals. * Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively. * Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge. * Help manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives, and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals). * Continuously improve and scale the organization. Implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization. Improve product development and delivery. Mentor project management skills within our engineering leadership team.
What You'll Need
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with Technical Program Management
* Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks; Engineers enjoy working closely with you
* Experienced in project management; Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence; Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
* Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items
* Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
* Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.