Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. This position will be responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems at American Airlines by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase a better place to live and work.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand needs and develop solutions according to business requirements * Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development * Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions * Creates detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates * Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance * Supports the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines * Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training * 3 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience, using ITIL, Agile, XP, or similar methodologies * Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies: * J2EE technologies: Java, JSP, JMS, JAXB, JDBC * Database and persistence frameworks: Hibernate, Oracle, Object/Relational Mapping, Query performance tuning * Web Servers: Tomcat, tcServer, Websphere * Web Services: REST/SOAP (JSON/WSDL/XML) * Front-end and other frameworks: Spring Framework , Angular JS, Ext JS, CSS, jQuery, AJAX * Build/deployment tools: Maven, Git, Junit * Other: Linux/Unix shell Scripting
* Proficiency in object-oriented analysis, design techniques, principles, and frameworks * Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
Required Qualifications (Continued)
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge * Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices * Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds * Experience in Agile project management methodologies * Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment * Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio) * Experience working in Azure Cloud. * Developing in azure environment using Event Hubs, Event grid, Data Bricks and logic apps etc.
* Experience with azure Dev/Ops.
Qualifications (Continued 1)
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training * 5+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience, using ITIL, Agile, XP, or similar methodologies * Airline Industry experience, including business systems and technology * Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups * Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills * Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently