Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30526
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Enterprise Technology Services Team, within the LAAS Division. The WiFi Network Engineer is responsible for supporting IT verticals and business units in implementing new applications and making network modifications as part of assigned projects and delivery. Responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of the airline's wireless network solutions within the defined architectural framework, as well as managing network projects, preparing and defending network funding proposals. This engineer will play an integral part in the department by assisting with the continuous design and responsible for the implementation, and support of network infrastructure and services for the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Designs and implements wireless network systems to facilitate cost efficient, secure and reliable communications throughout the company and with outside service providers
* Creates detailed network designs that meet the customer requirements (including physical and logical) of complex network systems to meet the functional objectives of the business
* Writes/engineers network device configuration scripts with associated change documentation to meet project goals and deadlines
* Establishes processes to test applications and devices before planned network deployment to quantify their performance and recommend steps to ensure they are optimized
* Serves as a technical resource providing guidance and advice to associates on wireless, data, voice and mobile network capabilities for utilizing the full capability of technology in designing effective solutions
About The Job (Continued)
* Plans and leads broad-scope network projects, ensuring their timely and successful completion
* Makes recommendations regarding improvements to network operations, project planning and project implementation
* Conducts network performance analyses as required to support delivery of projects
* Authors and maintains network documentation, including that for standards, processes, network security, topology and inventory, to ensure high quality service and support on an ongoing basis
* Demonstrates a spirit of teamwork and personal responsibility to promote the sharing of knowledge and expedite the accomplishment of assigned tasks
* Prepares, submits and defends budgetary and business case analyses leading to funding and implementation of enhancements to network systems
* Implements network changes during appropriate change windows (after hours)
* Provides on-call, second-tier support for the company's wireless data network, to maximize network availability
* Participates in on-call support escalation rotation
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Telecommunications, Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 3 years of experience as a Cisco ISE Engineer creating design documentation, building ISE rules, implementing ISE solutions across a variety of environments, and serve as a subject matter expert on the ISE tool
* 3 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, working directly with wireless network technologies at an enterprise scale
* Wireless networking certification or in process of attaining wireless certification with Cisco certification (CCNP, CCIE) or certification with CWNP organization preferred
* Advanced knowledge of Cisco wireless LAN controllers, Cisco access points, Cisco ISE, Cisco routers, Cisco L2/L3 switches, Cisco Prime, load balancing, QOS, PBR, WCCP, VPN, NAT, VoIP, IPSec, Multicast, DNS services, MPLS networks, Cisco firewalls and network protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, VLAN Trunking)
* Demonstrated experience utilizing WiFi analyzers, Wi-Fi survey software tools (i.e. AirMagnet, Ekahau, etc.) and test equipment
* Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
* Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
* Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
* Attention to detail and an ability to organize and prioritize workload
* Solid problem management skills related to working network related issues
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
* Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
* Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
* Proficiency in Agile project management methodology
* 5+ years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, working directly with wireless network technologies at an enterprise scale
* 5 years of experience as a Cisco ISE Engineer creating design documentation, building ISE rules, implementing ISE solutions across a variety of environments, and be a subject matter expert on the ISE tool
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30526
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Cisco, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.