Location: AA Headquarters 2 (DFW-HDQ2)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30982
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division.The successful candidate will join the team of database administrators and developers responsible for leveraging best database administration practices in all the environments. Selected candidate must have expertise in Teradata application database management, backup and recovery solutions, TASM, change management control and data modeling tools. Candidates will participate in all phases of the development process as well as administration for various tools.
About The Job (Continued)
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Develops Physical database models based on logical data model, creates required index strategy based on the application requirement, builds simple or complex data views to support end user and application needs
* Designs backup and recovery strategy, Disaster and high availability strategy, TASM workload rules
* Implements physical database model, application view layer, data security roles, user categorization
* Creates database object management standard process and documentation, database architecture document, runbooks to manage database environments
* Manages development, test and stage database environments
* Coordinates database object deployments between environments, any database HW/SW issue with vendor with appropriate incident management process. Work with multiple teams to support any HW/SW integrations like RDM, Gaurdium, DataStage
* Communicates to development team, leaders new features, database release roadmaps
* Performs capacity planning and forecasting. Perform short and long term
* Performs database and security audits, which includes designing and implementing roles, profiles and accounts. Ensure compliance in related tasks with company and regulatory policies and procedures
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 3 years of technology experience, with a focus on information security technology development, support, and administration
* Skills, Licenses & Certifications
* A solid understanding of Teradata TASM workload management system to manage optimal database performance, database backup and recovery
* Proficiency in SQL Query tuning, debug database performance issues related
* Experience with Relational and data warehousing application
* Experience and understanding of various Teradata database features (i.e. Columnar, Join Indexes, Fastload, and Multi Load)
* Experience with writing deployment scripts or deployment packages (executable) for various target environments like development, test and production
* Experience with Teradata utilities, Data Mover Jobs and its troubleshooting
* Experience managing database asset within a source control system like GitHub
* A strong understanding of the Teradata Server database engine works, including but not limited to: Physical storage, indexing, physical database design best practices, and have a good understanding of the Query Optimizer.
* A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and, specifically, what activities and artifacts a database developer has in each part of that lifecycle
* Experience with data modeling tools as offered by Embarcadero and/or Erwin etc.
Required Qualifications (Continued)
* Details-driven personality with a strong desire to develop and document processes and tools
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and ensure tasks are completed on schedule
* Must have hands on experience on Data Stream Architecture and Data Stream Utilities
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 5+ years of technology experience, with a focus on information security technology development, support, and administration
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30982
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Database, Engineer, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.