Date: May 28, 2019
Location: Dallas, TX, US, 75261
Company: FlightSafety International
The Deskside Support Technician is a member of an onsite technical team that works in consultation with the Manager of Deskside Support to help teammates and customers at FlightSafety's learning center locations. This technician manages the allocation of computer hardware/software resources, maintains business applications, and ensures the reliability and sustainability of information and communication resources. This teammate is responsible for building and maintaining PC desktops, laptops, and mobile device using standard IT infrastructure and processes. He or she is also responsible for additional configuration, software installation, and first level support of these devices. This is a predominantly a hands on role, facing both internal and external customers. Excellent responsiveness, prioritization, communication, record keeping, and customer service skills are essential for this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Analyze, diagnose, and resolve client service requests.
* Keep well documented and updated case notes on all tickets daily.
* Provide daily communication to clients on outstanding ticket status.
* Work collaboratively with other team members, partners, and vendors to resolve client requests.
* Install, repair, upgrade, and configure new or existing desktop, laptop, and mobile devices.
* General analysis, diagnosis and resolution of printer problems to include toner replacement, ordering of supplies, and escalating service calls for vendor repair when applicable.
* Hardware procurement through eStore to support appropriate IT requirements.
* Facilitate hardware RMA process with OEM via applicable warranty.
* Maintain current and accurate hardware inventory lists for desktop computers, printers, and minimum IT spare hardware at a site.
* Business operations computer and software support.
* Classroom computer and basic software support including overhead projector installation and bulb replacement.
* Maintain rotation and secure storage of daily server backup tapes.
* Develop technical knowledge of each system within the company portfolio and develop specialized knowledge of certain nominated areas.
* Coordinate with Manager of Deskside Support, Regional IT Managers and 3rd Tier support in performing maintenance and updates to local network and server infrastructure.
* Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support.
* Adaptation to an on-call schedule with overtime as needed.
* Complete other tasks as required.
Experience, Education and Skills
* Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (industry experience must be in related field).
* Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a full-time FlightSafety International employee, preferred.
* Excellent technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware.
* Working technical knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
* Windows 2000 through Windows 10 experience.
* Microsoft office 2003 through 2016 experience.
* Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
* Basic knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts.
* Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
* Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results.
* Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results.
* Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly.
* Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Professional image and grooming.
* Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* PC and/or compatible computer with printer
* Various office equipment: FAX, Copier and Multi-line Telephone
* Desktop and Laptop PCs; Network and Local Printers
* Various peripheral computer equipment, i.e. modems, ZIP drives, scanners, etc.
* UPS (Uninterruptible Power Source)
* CD Towers
* Cisco Routers & Switches
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* General knowledge of the following software: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
and MS Outlook
* Database: - MS Access, preferred
* All Microsoft Windows workstation Operating Systems
* Deployment & Updating of Anti-Virus Software via Centralized Console
* Veritas - BackupExec
* Remote Administration (PCAnywhere, Remote Manager)
* Microsoft Exchange Server
* Other software programs may be required, as needed.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
About FlightSafety International
FlightSafety International delivers professional world-class training to operators of business, regional and commercial aircraft.