Date: May 30, 2019
Location: Moonachie, NJ, US, 07074
Company: FlightSafety International
The position plays a central role in managing all cloud infrastructure supporting mission critical application environments. As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Daily management of cloud based infrastructure
* Architectural design and implementation of future cloud initiatives
* Cloud maintenance planning and coordination
* Management of cloud networks and connectivity including MPLS/VPNs
* Managing and enforcing cloud naming standards
* Create and manage all cloud provisioning scripts needed for single instance, environment-based (dev, prod, etc.) or regional-specific resources
* Closely coordinate with DevOps team on additional cloud automation above the infrastructure layer
* Manage cloud storage and on-premises hardware storage appliances
Experience, Education and Skills
* 4+ years in a system administration or configuration role
* 2+ years of either development or system automation/scripting experience
* Experience with cloud management frameworks
* Systems administration experience with Windows and Redhat/Linux
* Networking concepts: TCP, HTTP, DNS etc.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
* Lead and mentor resources on a temporary basis
* Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
* Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
* Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
* Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
* Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
* Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
* Travel when required
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
About FlightSafety International
FlightSafety International delivers professional world-class training to operators of business, regional and commercial aircraft.