What you'll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
The Demand and Resource Manager is a lead position within Verizon Connect Global Information Technology Delivery division that will be responsible for building out and maintaining the processes surrounding Global IT/RISC demand and resource management.
Own, oversee, and be responsible for the demand management processes.
This includes the following responsibilities:
* Analyze new demand entries into Global IT to assess completeness of scope information provided, ROI, business needs, etc. and follow up with key business leaders to provide all required information prior to project/enhancement initiation
* Responsible for moving demand processing along all required stages (i.e. Submission, Screening, Qualifying, and Approval)
* Strong knowledge of the established demand management processes, and rapport building of the BRMs
* Ability to train BRMs and end users on idea/demand submission, review/approval, and assessment surveys and ensure end-users are following the correct processes
* Determine the high level LOE required to fulfill IT Project requests and help determine overall IT technical lift and cost estimation/budget required for the fulfillment of these projects
* Act as the point of contact for any overall demand status questions
* Quickly, independently, and thoroughly understand the IT systems landscape and functions in order to quickly ascertain demand entry into enhancements vs. projects
* Ability to quickly understand Global IT/RISC functions and hierarchy to be able to assign demand assessment surveys accordingly
* Assist ServiceNow Admin with clear requests/prioritization of enhancements for Demand Management processes
* Supports the process owner in representing the demand process throughout process design and enablement
* Facilitate and provides input during design sessions, process reviews and training/awareness activities
* Review, categorize, assess, prioritize and rationalize demand in preparation for assessment and approval
* Based on portfolio and service, identify duplicative requests and consolidate demands
* Communicate existing or pipeline service availability to requester
* Capture and communicate changes in business demand to service owners by defining and monitoring patterns of business activity
Own, oversee, and be responsible for the Resource management processes across Global IT/RISC.
This includes the following responsibilities:
* Update demands to determine the types of resources required for new initiatives and plan and assign Global IT resources from all required groups
* Lead and/or assist with IT project prioritization efforts and be able to quickly and effectively share with leadership the project demands for Global IT that currently have resource allocation constraints
* Ability to manage capacity, availability, need, and utilization our various resource groups to be able to better align projects based on resource availability
* Help establish roadmaps based qualified demands and their resource needs, allocation, and availability in order to enable the IT Advisory board to plan, approve, and make decisions regarding prioritized demand planning accordingly
* Build out resource forecasting and trending to help establish a process to allocate Global IT,RISC needs against business unit demands
* Work with Project Mangers to coordinate IT resource needs and update resource allocation on active projects
* Evaluate Resource Management processes based on established KPIs and ensure resource processing meets KPIs and identifies areas for improvement and corrective
* Assist ServiceNow Admin with clear requests prioritization of enhancements for Resource Management processes
* Ensure the efficient and effective deployment of an organization's resources, as needed.
* Ensure that available resources are used efficiently to complete the project or project tasks within specified deadlines.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Three or more years of experience in a Project Coordinator, Resource Manager, Demand Manager and or Portfolio Manager role within IT.
* Project Forecasting, Budgeting, Cost Estimation, and Resource Assignment experience
* Knowledge of SDLC and the project management lifecycle
* Knowledge of ServiceNow - in particular the ITBM modules demand, resource, project, etc.
* Willingness to work flexible and/or extended hours to complete project tasks and coordinate migrations and/or calls with stakeholders in various time zones after hours.
* Willingness to travel approximately upto 25% of the time.
Even better if you know:
* A degree.
* Knowledge and experience documenting system requirements and managing IT Projects.
* Knowledge of common industry standard business practices as related to Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Care, etc.
* Experience with software in a 'Software as a Service' (SaaS) environment.
* Knowledge and use of ERP and CRM systems like Salesforce, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP.
* Project management, system implementation and system integration experience.
* Experience with working with a PMO office, Business Systems Analysts, and Project Managers.
* Strong technical aptitude and excellent analysis and critical thinking.
* Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy - ability to understand technical restraints on projects as well as understand resources required to fulfill projects
* Ability to quickly learn and adapt to various business systems and processes
* Time management and organizational skills; ability to work efficiently while meeting tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities
* Analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment and ability to think outside the box in order to ensure testing.
* Written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to take initiative in researching problems and proposing solutions.
* Extremely clear and professional, visually appealing communication ensuring all communication includes the right level of information and is distributed to all the proper stakeholders.
* PowerPoint and visual presentation skills, and experience with C-level leadership reporting
* Ability to analyze and assess business pain points and needs into scope and ROI documents
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.