Partners Data Systems
Posted Date: Jul- 1-2019
Job ID: 14955
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
As a Database Engineer you'll assist in the development and maintenance of our SQL Server database platform. You'll be responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing highly available SQL databases, including physical structure and functional capabilities, performance tuning, data security, backup and recovery specifications, data dictionaries and data models. You'll be challenged to improve the way we operate, and how we can do things better and faster. You'll be part of a nimble, high functioning team working on important projects that directly impacts our ability to deliver goods to our members.
Bring your passion and expertise
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
* 2+ years SQL Server DBA, working with large-scale, mission-critical applications
* Knowledge in Always On Availability Groups, Transactional Replication, Clustering and T-SQL preferred
* Experience with Analysis Services is a plus
* Knowledge in Powershell and bash scripting
* Working knowledge of other database platforms such as Oracle, PostgresSQL, MongoDB
* Self-motivated and driven to better processes and increase velocity
* Ability to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 service requirement
* Ability in all phases of technical writing for information or infrastructure systems
* Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
* Willing and able to work from Kent, WA headquarters at least two days per week (shuttle available from Bellevue office)
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception - 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it's balanced with time off to play-a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.